Opening his show on GB News, he shared his experience just off the coast of Dover, where he spent time today.
More people thought to be migrants were taken to Dover on Bank Holiday Monday, including children.
The official figures for Monday’s crossings from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) are not expected until Tuesday.
Confirmation of Sunday’s figures from the MoD came after what is believed to have been an 11-day break in activity around the Channel from April 20 to 30, when no crossings were recorded amid reports of strong winds and choppy seas.
Typically there can be periods of several days or weeks without migrant crossings, often depending on weather conditions.
Two longer gaps of 16 and 13 days without crossings were recorded earlier this year, before the Rwanda deal was announced.
The longest period without any crossings so far in 2022 was 16 days, between January 27 and February 11.
Nigel travelled next to a boat “overloaded with people” attempting the crossing.
He said: “All the assets, despite the massive size and cost of what we’ve got, all the assets are currently being used.
“I still can’t help thinking, this isn’t anything other than a very expensive taxi service for criminal trafficking gangs.”
He later discussed individuals discarding their mobile phones into the Channel, saying: “We’ve now seen, three of the people on that boat, throwing their mobile phones into the water.
“If they were legitimate refugees, why would they need to do that?”
Earlier today, Nigel said he expects more than 1,000 migrants to cross the Channel in the coming week.
The former Brexit Party leader warned there is “no end in sight” but the Rwanda policy may act as a “serious deterrent” if implemented properly.
He said: “It is not an exaggeration to suggest that if we carry on as we are, it’ll be 100,000 crossing the English Channel this year, and 90,000 of them will be young men without any documents whatsoever.”